- 1 lb bag frozen chopped broccoli
- Tater Tots - frozen - several large handfuls (watch ingredient list if needing to be gluten free)
- Onion (fresh, dried minced, powder - whatever you have on hand)
- Garlic (again - fresh, minced in a jar, powder - whatever is convenient)
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
(Veggies in the pot, ready to cook)
Put all the veggies into your soup pot and add:
- Water to cover (I used 6 cups)
- Chicken Soup Base* (add per instruction on jar, you can also use bouillon cubes)
(This is the point where Esther looked in the soup pot and gave me a strange look!)
Cook until veggies are softened and then mash with potato masher for chunky soup or use a blender if you want it less chunky. :o)
(Soup cooking away - can you smell the yummy goodness yet?)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Milk, 1/2 & 1/2, cream - whatever is on hand, I add just enough to make it creamy
- Salt and Pepper to taste
(Pile of diced cheese waiting to be added to the soup)
Heat enough to melt the cheese but don't bring to a boil or the milk will break down.
*I really do think the chicken broth makes all the difference here. It definitely adds another depth to the flavor versus using just water.
Ladle into soup bowls and enjoy the warmth and savor the creamy flavor. Be prepared for your family to beg for seconds!
Come see what gluten free soup everyone else is making this week at The Gluten-Free Homemaker.