Monday, May 04, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Monday, May 4, 2009...
Outside my window... the sun is shining, 64*F, the birds are singing, the grass is growing, and the flowers are blooming!!!
I am thinking... trying to decide whether or not to call the doctor about Esther, she isn't getting any better
I am thankful for...the scent of lilacs
From the learning rooms...  I need to get the boys' re-enrollment forms sent in and Esther's homeschool registration filled out
From the kitchen...  Esther filled our house with good scents over the weekend, she made 2 loaves of sourdough bread and a strawberry-rhubarb pie
I am wearing... light blue floral shirt (found out yesterday that Esther doesn't like this shirt, she says it's ugly), black skirt, and bare feet (of course!)
I am creating...  kind of in-between projects right now, but I do have a huge list of sewing I *should* be doing!
I am going...  to get my kitchen cleaned up TODAY
I am reading...  The Love Dare by Stephen and Alex Kendrick, So Much More by Anna Sofia and Elizabeth Botkin
, and The SummerHill Secrets Vol. 2 by Beverly Lewis
I am hoping... that things will work out smoothly and quickly for Sister-in-Law and nephew
I am hearing...  Mikey, the kitty, playing with a pipe cleaner - currently his favorite toy
Around the house...  more messes than I care to think about, but I know God can help me to get things caught up
One of my favorite things...  the scent of clothes that have been dried on the clothesline
A few plans for the rest of the week:  Other than the usual housework and laundry - Esther and Isaiah have allergy shots on Tuesday, I still need to go to Middlebury to get headcovering fabric, Esther has orthopedic appt. this week (I need to find out exactly what day/time), I plan on meeting Mother-in-Law for lunch sometime this week while she is on vacation,  and I have some business sewing to get finished *whew*
Here is picture thought I am sharing...This is the camouflage prom dress that had me so busy sewing for most of April.  A happy client makes for a happy dressmaker!

Join others at ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~ and let us know what you are doing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment